Become a Member
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member & join more than 4 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone, including parents, educators, students & community members, is invited to join.
What we Do
The CBCS PTA focuses on providing value-add programs for students, parents, and teachers. We strive to:
- Improve Communication: We produce a digital school newsletter keeping you informed of current events, issues and accomplishments. Regular meetings allow us to share information with members.
- Assure Measurable Results: More than 85 research studies conducted over the past 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- Discover More Dollars: We generate membership fees to pay for programs. Our fundraisers support school programs and educational events.
- Support Success: We provide tutoring programs, annual classroom grants to teachers, materials and supplies, grants to Celebrate the Beat, Ski for PE, STEM program, GCSAPP, and other programs that enrich our students.
Becoming a member of the PTA is a great way to get involved and be a part of the school community. It enables you to:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening at CBCS.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to suggest change at your child’s school more effectively.
- Witness Improvement. You’ll be part of the solution by getting involved at your child’s school and help make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum-based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.